Monday, July 14, 2014

Letter #78 - The Bolshoi Finish and Poka Sochi

Holy Cow.  I don't even know what to write!  How is it that the closer to the end of something you get, the more the clock seems to speed up??
 Maybe today I'll let you read a little bit of what I wrote to President Prows this week.
"I have learned so many different things I don't even know where to begin. It's probably better I'm typing this, because if I were talking out loud I would be crying by now! I understand so much better who Heavenly Father is, who I am, and what He expects of me. He is loving, He is just. He is always ready to bless. I have come to learn what tender mercies are, and have seen them in my day-to-day life. I have felt His love more than ever before, and more importantly, I have been able to recognize it. I have seen His hand guiding His work. I have learned a lot about my own weaknesses, but my confidence has grown in the Lord. I have felt the enabling power of the Atonement--it's SO hard to describe, but at the times where no one else could help, I have felt Him there. He has spoken to me through scriptures. I have learned about repentance--what it means, and how it feels. I have learned to distinguish better what matters most. And the most important thing--I know this is not the end!
I promise to stay faithful, to be sealed in the temple, to share the gospel, to continue to study and pray, to fulfill whatever calling is extended, family history (thank you Sister Prows!) and so much more. I loved your analogy of the soccer season and the game time. And I am grateful for the prep time I've been given.  I guess it's game time!"
Okay so that was my little deep reflection on my mission, in a nutshell. I think I'll keep writing afterwords.  Maybe I'll start an RM blog next. :)
It's too weird that my mission is ending.  I read Elder Uchtdorf's talk from last conference this morning and it spoke to my soul! Tochna. He said "the more we learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ, the more we realize endings here in mortality are not endings at all. They are merely interruptions--temporary pauses that one day will seem small compared to the eternal joy awaiting the faithful."
I could not have asked for a better mission.  More than sad, excited, nervous, anxious, etc...I am just really grateful!
Yesterday I tried to share my testimony since it was my last Sunday..I mostly just kind of cried.  I wonder if its way hard to understand someone who has an accent AND crying?? I just thought about that! Probably so.  Man!! I love this branch!!!!!!! I am going to miss a lot of things, and a lot of people--I don't know what I'll do without Sister Nicholas!  She's one of my heroes!  Luckily she has totally got this under control--I can't wait to hear about how things keep going in Sochi!!!!!!!!!!  Irina who was baptized last week offered to be Sister Nicholas's companion now. Haha!! She's the best.
On a very different note, it was WAY hot this week! I think it hit 104 F one day!  WE WERE SO SWEATY!!!! So grody.  Luckily (and unluckily) no one else around was much different.  We had a branch activity this week where we all came together then went out and did home and visiting teaching..and it worked! The elders baked like a million cookies and we made little handouts and it was just really great!!!  It's a huge step for this branch.
Okay I literally do not know what else to say!!!!!!!  See you soon??  It's just too weird.  I just want all the people I love to be in one place!
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!
Я люблю мою миссию!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today's quote:
"In light of what we know about our eternal destiny, is it any wonder that whenever we face the bitter endings of life, they seem unacceptable to us?  There seems to be something inside of us that resists endings.  Why is this?  Because we are made of the stuff of eternity."
--Elder Uchtdorf April 2014

Lots of lubov
Сестра Мэги
Миссия = Чудо
PS: Great moment this week...a dog jumped out of the bushes next to us, and I thought it was a person on their hands and knees, so I got really scared and freaked out a little and grabbed Sister Nicholas, who thought there must be something else like a man with a knife..etc, so she FLEW in the air and jumped all over.  My bad! Why am I always a freaker?!?!  Haha like we weren't sweating enough already.

No comments:

Post a Comment