Dear Family and Friends,
I am FILLED with gratitude for everything that is happening. I wish you were all here with me! Vacation to Sochi is on the to-do list haha.
Okay, so here is the LAME news....I must be really old and boring because my April Fools' was Laaaame. Haha. But what were the chances I would be with Sister Houseman again who was TOTALLY on guard after the last year rat+ketchup incident!?!?!! Anyways. We got the elders good. All I did for Sister H was hide her toothbrush in the washing machine....hahahaha. It was funny because it was so lame. I think I did something else but I can't remember...oh yeah, I put sticky notes in her bed. Haha. I have no sense of humor anymore probably. But we stole the other sister's trick and played it on the elders. We just made some cookies (they should have been suspicious because we never bring them stuff we bake) and folded up little papers and covered them in tin foil and baked them inside the cookies.....but then, when we took them out, a tin foil was totally showing. So we just hid it, anyways, all the elders kind of got that something weird was going on, except one....he chewed up the whole note and when he spit it out we were like, "where's the tin foil!?" So I really hope tin foil isn't poisonous.........I felt kind of bad, but mostly we all just laughed. He's a good sport. Our district is really great, we saw some great things this week in our branch!
We focused a lot on reactivation of young single adults this week. We have about 30 on our list, and 0 are active. We made a plan together as a district, and when the CES couple came down for church, we had some young single adults at church! It was a miracle. And so cool. One even invited us over to her house after church with the Muirs. It was great!! Her name is Luba and she is so awesome, her mom is active, and it kind of just seemed like she felt really out of place at church, since Relief Society is mainly age 60-70. Luba is basically our new best friend! She's hilarious. She's super quiet, but then she's in a rockband and does the funniest things.
Anyways.
I can't get Volzhsky off my mind right now because guess what?!?!!?!? The dad of a family we worked with was just made branch president!! And his whole family, who we thought had gone back inactive, was there and supportive! The branch president who was released and his wife bore powerful testimony of being valiant and supportive. The other inactive family was there, and decided it was time to come back! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! I can't control myself right now.
Really amazing things are happening here too!! Sasha, our investigator who's mom was inactive, is scheduled for baptism Saturday...in the Black Sea! Chilly chilly! But we're excited for her. She is the MOST adorable, ADORABLE girl in the world. They came back to church yesterday. And she just smiled the whole time! She was so happy to be at church. This week she pulled out her kids Book of Mormon to show us where she had been reading, and she was like, "I read it at school." Her mom, Zhanna, was like, "what? what did the other kids say?" Sasha was just like, "I just told them it was the Book of Mormon!" It was so cute. We taught Word of Wisdom this week, and it was really good because Zhanna started to remember, and recommited to start living it! Sasha wears her CTR ring all the time. AHH! I just want you all to meet her. It is just one huge miracle. Apparently Zhanna had been promising to come to church for years, and I know that this week she really had extra help from the Lord (and Sasha!) that helped her come. It was just great.
So many things, so many people, so many miracles. One thing we worked on a lot this week as well was strengthening members, especially future branch leaders. We have been trying everything we can. We bake cookies, we write letters, we call, we even sing haha. Sister Houseman is dying about how much I make us sing with people!!! It's pretty funny. Because we totally can't sing, but sometimes it is needed!
So, I haven't really gotten mail forever because Sochi is like as far as sisters can get....so sorry for the lack of shouting out haha! But.....SHOUTOUT TO SISTER WHEELER <3
I love her! She is a champion. And a rockstar of a missionary! Sister Kirkby is really missing her, and is doing such a good job in Krasnodar! I learn so much from the other missionaries around me. They are spiritual giants. Seriously.
We taught Liliya and Nana this week--those lessons always seem to get reeally off track because they have a lot of questions. When we prayed with them, their huge cat jumped onto my lap. I didn't even realize there was a cat. It was terrifying haha. We had a really awesome member with us--a lady named Valentina. She is one of the most humble people I have ever met. She is considerate. She calls less-active members all the time, not because it is her calling, or because someone is going to check up on her, but because she wants to and she loves them. I think we can all learn from Valentina--there are so many people in need of our love and support. "To ease another's heartache, is to forget one's own."
I love you all!! Totally out of time!!
Love,
Sister McGhie
I am FILLED with gratitude for everything that is happening. I wish you were all here with me! Vacation to Sochi is on the to-do list haha.
Okay, so here is the LAME news....I must be really old and boring because my April Fools' was Laaaame. Haha. But what were the chances I would be with Sister Houseman again who was TOTALLY on guard after the last year rat+ketchup incident!?!?!! Anyways. We got the elders good. All I did for Sister H was hide her toothbrush in the washing machine....hahahaha. It was funny because it was so lame. I think I did something else but I can't remember...oh yeah, I put sticky notes in her bed. Haha. I have no sense of humor anymore probably. But we stole the other sister's trick and played it on the elders. We just made some cookies (they should have been suspicious because we never bring them stuff we bake) and folded up little papers and covered them in tin foil and baked them inside the cookies.....but then, when we took them out, a tin foil was totally showing. So we just hid it, anyways, all the elders kind of got that something weird was going on, except one....he chewed up the whole note and when he spit it out we were like, "where's the tin foil!?" So I really hope tin foil isn't poisonous.........I felt kind of bad, but mostly we all just laughed. He's a good sport. Our district is really great, we saw some great things this week in our branch!
We focused a lot on reactivation of young single adults this week. We have about 30 on our list, and 0 are active. We made a plan together as a district, and when the CES couple came down for church, we had some young single adults at church! It was a miracle. And so cool. One even invited us over to her house after church with the Muirs. It was great!! Her name is Luba and she is so awesome, her mom is active, and it kind of just seemed like she felt really out of place at church, since Relief Society is mainly age 60-70. Luba is basically our new best friend! She's hilarious. She's super quiet, but then she's in a rockband and does the funniest things.
Anyways.
I can't get Volzhsky off my mind right now because guess what?!?!!?!? The dad of a family we worked with was just made branch president!! And his whole family, who we thought had gone back inactive, was there and supportive! The branch president who was released and his wife bore powerful testimony of being valiant and supportive. The other inactive family was there, and decided it was time to come back! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! I can't control myself right now.
Really amazing things are happening here too!! Sasha, our investigator who's mom was inactive, is scheduled for baptism Saturday...in the Black Sea! Chilly chilly! But we're excited for her. She is the MOST adorable, ADORABLE girl in the world. They came back to church yesterday. And she just smiled the whole time! She was so happy to be at church. This week she pulled out her kids Book of Mormon to show us where she had been reading, and she was like, "I read it at school." Her mom, Zhanna, was like, "what? what did the other kids say?" Sasha was just like, "I just told them it was the Book of Mormon!" It was so cute. We taught Word of Wisdom this week, and it was really good because Zhanna started to remember, and recommited to start living it! Sasha wears her CTR ring all the time. AHH! I just want you all to meet her. It is just one huge miracle. Apparently Zhanna had been promising to come to church for years, and I know that this week she really had extra help from the Lord (and Sasha!) that helped her come. It was just great.
So many things, so many people, so many miracles. One thing we worked on a lot this week as well was strengthening members, especially future branch leaders. We have been trying everything we can. We bake cookies, we write letters, we call, we even sing haha. Sister Houseman is dying about how much I make us sing with people!!! It's pretty funny. Because we totally can't sing, but sometimes it is needed!
So, I haven't really gotten mail forever because Sochi is like as far as sisters can get....so sorry for the lack of shouting out haha! But.....SHOUTOUT TO SISTER WHEELER <3
I love her! She is a champion. And a rockstar of a missionary! Sister Kirkby is really missing her, and is doing such a good job in Krasnodar! I learn so much from the other missionaries around me. They are spiritual giants. Seriously.
We taught Liliya and Nana this week--those lessons always seem to get reeally off track because they have a lot of questions. When we prayed with them, their huge cat jumped onto my lap. I didn't even realize there was a cat. It was terrifying haha. We had a really awesome member with us--a lady named Valentina. She is one of the most humble people I have ever met. She is considerate. She calls less-active members all the time, not because it is her calling, or because someone is going to check up on her, but because she wants to and she loves them. I think we can all learn from Valentina--there are so many people in need of our love and support. "To ease another's heartache, is to forget one's own."
I love you all!! Totally out of time!!
Love,
Sister McGhie
No comments:
Post a Comment