HEY EVERYONE!!!
So I have this problem where I FORGET to write LOTS of cool things that happen!!! So this letter is some cool stuff from the last few weeks as well that I forgot to write but that are really great.
 |
| Sister Kirkby and Sister McGhie at the door of the church |
FIRST
We had a baptism from Tuapse come up to use our font--all we knew is that it was a nine year old girl named Nicole. The dad looked pretty familiar, and he kept staring at me which was kind of creepy honestly...but he looked really nice so I was trying to figure out where I knew him from. His wife looked so familiar too...turns out it was Sasha from Latishino from Moscow!!! AHHH!!!! Coolest thing ever. He and his wife are being sealed in April. And I remember when Nicole was basically just born. I was like, "Whoa! Nicole grew up!" and they were like, "um, so did you!" hahaha. Latishino was a tiny branch of about 4 people outside of Moscow that I LOVED to go to--how amazing that I got to be at his daughter's baptism!!!! I am amazed.
SECOND
Raisa turned 90 a week ago, and we threw her a little birthday party. It was so fun, and so cute--she got all dressed up, even though she can't leave the house.
 |
| Happy Birthday Raisa |
We made her a reeeeally soft cake since she has no teeth, and sang to her. It is so amazing how the smallest things make such a difference, and bring so much happiness.
 |
| Sisters Kirkby, McGhie, Houseman, and Frandsen |
THIRD (okay this is already this week haha)
I don't remember if I already told about this lady, but there is a lady who joined the church in Odessa named Elena, who has a son named Vadik. They moved here after her older son was killed. We ran into her, just by chance, two times. We met with her, and she is so worried for her son--his stuff gets stolen at school, he's started smoking and drinking and he's only 13, and they've had to move around a lot this past year. Anyways, he is the NICEST boy ever. And they came to church with us yesterday!! The branch was awesome about reaching out to them and you could tell Vadik didn't want to leave by the end. I was on cloud nine watching how happy they were. PLUS another less active woman we've been teaching a lot lately came back for the first time yesterday!! And these members really know how to welcome people back, let me tell you!! It's perfect because it's a balance between making a huge deal and ignoring them--they just hug them and welcome them and talk to them like they never left. They are great.
 |
| Lidia and Reyna |
 |
| Lidia and Reyna |
Something awkward about church yesterday..I played the piano in sacrament meeting and it was on this organ setting and I didn't know how to change it. The branch president was like, let's leave it! Other branches use the organ! So even though it sounded pretty....awful....I just played it. And no one was really singing. And you couldn't even really tell what song I was playing. So I thought, maybe it isn't loud enough? So I cranked up that volume!! And it made it...worse. Like, a lot worse. Basically it was like a funeral, with everyone trying to guess what song we were singing haha. Awesome.
 |
| Eva - Reyna is teaching her mom |
We had another lesson with Tanya, the young mom who was a referral from a member. It was fun!! Her daughters are so cute, but we realized we basically need to just start doing Primary lessons when we go over. It just doesn't work to try to teach their mom, while they are jumpy everywhere haha. So we are looking forward to mixing it up this week and teaching to a 7 year old level of understanding! It will be really fun. And those felt story things from Christmas will really come in handy!
 |
| Broken, frozen trees |
So this crazy thing happened here in Krasnodar--there was this ice rain stuff and it got all over the trees and the trees just started falling over!!! Everywhere!! Like branches, entire trees, everything. So we weren't actually even allowed outside one night. It's really sad--I think they said 14 people have died, and there were like a thousand in hospitals that night from injuries!! And PS it's ice raining again right now, so pray for me please!
Things are great! We are definitely very comfortable with how everything is right now, so that is probably a good sign things are about to get changed up haha. Transfer calls are this week, but this time, I'm really not even nervous. It's weird--but by now I feel like I've seen that everything works out like it's supposed to!
We studied the Holy Ghost a lot this week--how to recognize it, and how to help others recognize it.
"God does not send thunder if a still small voice is enough". ~Neal A. Maxwell
“The future of this world has long been declared; the final outcome between good and evil is already known. There is absolutely no question as to who wins because the victory has already been posted on the scoreboard. The only really strange thing in all of this is that we are still down here on the field trying to decide which team’s jersey we want to wear!” Jeffrey R. Holland
This last one is perfect, because I heard about how Sage was a SUPERSTAR in a basketball game this week!!!!! I would say she got it from me, but I'm pretty sure I was the kid on the basketball team that everyone looked at and said, "she's only on because she's tall" haha. But go Sage!!!!!
Love you all!!!!!
Sister McGhie
No comments:
Post a Comment